I had found out that vyos does not support ipv6 prefix delegation. This missing feature can be a show stopper for many new users. Ubnt has it working since a long time.
For example here in germany many isp's will only give ipv4 via carrier grade nat and ipv6 with prefix delegation. For this users it would be impossible to use vyos, cause the carrier grade
nat is pain in the ass for many things.
In 1.2.1 we have nearly all we need to get it working. So I have tested it:
- German Telekom dual stack vdsl
- configured pppoe client interface with ipv6 enabled
- Installed https://packages.debian.org/jessie/amd64/dhcpcd5/download
- create config for dhcpcd:
use the interface connected to WAN
ia_pd 2 eth1/0/64
ia_nd 3 eth2/1/64
- start dhcpcd with this config.
all works as aspected:
pppoe0 got an ipv6
eth1 got one /64 prefix
eth2 got another /64 prefix