The root cause of the error in T2941 is lack of support for unicode in the configtree backend: a direct translation of the utf-8 encoding from Python strings is overwritten by the String.escaped function in the output. The packages uucp/uutf will be investigated for support of unicode.
- Difficulty level
- Unknown (require assessment)
- Why the issue appeared?
- Will be filled on close
- Is it a breaking change?
- Unspecified (possibly destroys the router)
- Issue type
- Improvement (missing useful functionality)
|Resolved||jestabro||T2941 Using a non-ASCII character in the description field causes UnicodeDecodeError in configsource.py|
|Open||jestabro||T3785 Add unicode support to configtree backend|
- Mentioned In
- T3174: Python error when trying to add VLANs - UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 2163: ordinal not in range(128)
T2941: Using a non-ASCII character in the description field causes UnicodeDecodeError in configsource.py
- Mentioned Here
- T2941: Using a non-ASCII character in the description field causes UnicodeDecodeError in configsource.py