Legacy VyOS version based on Debian 6
Jun 5 2020
May 20 2020
May 7 2020
How this can be implemented in practice was tested with https://github.com/thomas-mangin/vyos-extra
- the program can be installed using pip/setuptools and the "vyosextra.main:main" entry point, generating a "vyos" program.
- the "release" program in the root folder generates a self-contained executable (using the builtin python3 zipapp library) which can be place before in the path, taking precedence over the installed version.
- each feature "vyos ssh", "vyos update" is a single program and could be installed independently using other entry points
- dropping a program in the folder automatically registers it to the main "vyos" program, each program has a "def main()" with a docstring used for the "-h"
- the assets in the data folder are converted into python dict and used when the program is a zipapp.
May 6 2020
Feb 8 2019
Nov 7 2018
Oct 13 2018
retest on 1.2 and resubmit if the issue exist there
please retest on 1.2 and resubmit if the issue still exists
moved to frr in 1.2
please test on 1.2 and open new task if issue still exists
got no follow up
Oct 7 2018
Is this reproducible with 1.2 ?
Oct 3 2018
Jul 12 2018
Jul 11 2018
Should we delete user home dirs when deleting a user then?
Jul 10 2018
Thanks for pointing that out, I tested manually aswell again on both 1.1.7 and 1.1.5.
Above was on 1.1.7, the same thing happens on 1.1.8:
I don't think the alphabetic order is even relevant (or ansible for that matter). Once you delete a user it frees up the UID but leaves the home directory around with the now unused UID. If you re-create users in a different order the UIDs that still own the home directories no longer match the corresponding users.
Jul 9 2018
IKEv2 is not good in Strong Swan 4.5 at all. There is incompatibility with some other clients.
Jul 6 2018
Jun 30 2018
Can you check behavior on 1.2 ?
Jun 26 2018
The "problem" is inherited from the old SNMP CLI definition which was re-generated in XML by me and is now generated here: https://github.com/vyos/vyos-1x/blob/current/interface-definitions/snmp.xml#L230-L237.
Jun 20 2018
nuviso@ubuntu:~/vyos/build-iso/pkgs/vyatta-wirelessmodem$ cat 0001-T701-LTE-interface-dosen-t-come-up.patch
From 00a04474535ec0eb2b17fe1d4368abff7f3aae46 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Subramonia Pillai <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 10:57:53 +0530
Subject: [PATCH] T701: LTE interface dosen't come up
I could see that T656 was already created, as a result of https://forum.vyos.io/t/inconsistency-in-wirelessmodem-wlm-interface-behavior-could-be-bug/1492.
Jun 19 2018
Jun 13 2018
Jun 10 2018
as PPTP phasing out and this is on 1.1.x
marking as wontfix
please try on latest rolling and resubmit if needed
Jun 4 2018
Jun 3 2018
please retest on 1.2 and submit results