I've just upgraded from 1.3-rolling-202004030632 to 1.3-rolling-202004090909 and when openvpn stood up I couldn't ping any of my servers. After some debugging, I realised they weren't getting the IP assigned to them in
set interfaces openvpn vtun0 server client <my.host.name> ip 10.1.1.203
A quick examination of the running process shows me
/usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon openvpn-vtun0 --config /opt/vyatta/etc/openvpn/openvpn-vtun0.conf
So I examined openvpn-vtun0.conf to see if it had the necessary client-config-dir statement in it. It does not.
As a workaround for this problem, I've added
openvpn-option "client-config-dir /opt/vyatta/etc/openvpn/ccd/vtun0"
to my configuration and this has resolved the problem, my clients once again get their statically allocated IP's.
Examining /usr/lib/live/mount/persistence/boot/1.3-rolling-202004030632/rw/opt/vyatta/etc/openvpn/openvpn-vtun0.conf shows client-config-dir /opt/vyatta/etc/openvpn/ccd/vtun0 correctly.
Note that before I applied my openvpn-option workaround I removed one of my clients, commited, and re-added the client line to see if that work resolve the issue but it did not.